The ENVI-Pure™ system is a refined version of the ENVI-Clean™ system which has been designed to remove a broader range of contaminants with very high efficiency as required by Waste to Energy (WtE) and Biomass power plants.
The ENVI-Pure™ Emission System combines the ENVI-Clean™ highly effective wet scrubbing technology with an innovative wet electrostatic precipitator (WESP) and a granular activated carbon absorber to remove particulate matter, acid gases, regulated metals, dioxins and VOCs from the flue gas to levels significantly below those required by strictest international regulations.
With further reductions pending, ENVI-Pure™ offers a long-term solution for use within the Waste to Energy industry.
The ENVI-Pure™ system can be designed to remove up to 99.99% of targeted species from waste combustion. Because of its modular approach, ENVI-Pure™ provides a level of future proofing unavailable to date within the marketplace.
- Enhanced approach to pollutant removal captures particulate matter, acid gases, regulated metals, dioxins and VOCs in a single pass system,
- Reagent management control system minimizes the use of consumables to significantly reduce operating costs,
- Design allows the flue gas to transit the entire cross-sectional area of the scrubber resulting in a smaller footprint and lower capital cost,
- Scrubber footprint can be adjusted to fit the space available making the system an ideal candidate for retrofit applications,
- Non- hazardous waste water can be processed and reused within the system or for other plant processes such as ash cooling or waste input moisture control,
- Multicyclone, turbulent wet scrubber and WESP combine to remove particulate to detection limits insuring capacity to meet future regulations with today’s system,
- Acid gases are virtually eliminated,
- Activated carbon removes dioxins, VOCs and vapor phase mercury to levels significantly less than the most restrictive regulations.
Each combustor/boiler needs to be equipped with its own air pollution abatement system to reduce particulate emission concentrations at the stack to below regional and national air quality standards such as:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) -- USA
- Waste Incineration Directive aka (WID/IPPC) allowable limits for particulate, acid gases and other regulated combustion by-products. -- UK and EU
Acid Gases: The ENVI-Pure™ system with its multi-head turbulent scrubber provides more contact time for more complete removal of acid gases. Costs are controlled by using lower cost reagents on the first head while polishing to greater than 99% efficiency on the second head with more reactive reagents.
Particulate: The use of a multicyclone, turbulent wet scrubber and WESP in combination provides particulate removal to detection limits. The ENVI-Pure™ system meets tomorrow’s stricter limits today.
Water Use and Waste: The ENVI-Pure™ system produces sludge and wastewater that can be used in various ways;
- Wastewater is suited for ash quenching/cooling and feed moisture conditioning,
- After dewatering the sludge is suitable for landfill, non-structural concrete stabilization products or combination with bottom ash.
Typical equipment for an ENVI-Pure™ system includes the following major components:
- a multi-cyclone for coarse particulate removal
- an induced draft (ID) fan to provide the flow and pressure boost
- a gas conditioning chamber (GCC) for cooling and conditioning of the flue gas
- a wet scrubber with two heads for highly-interactive turbulent scrubbing of particulate and acid gases
- a wet ESP for removal of fine particulate to low levels
- Activated carbon adsorber for VOC, dioxin and vapor phase mercury removal
The scrubbers are serviced by a lime slurry tank, lime storage silo and controlled mixing equipment with the required pumping and distribution.